It only feels like the other day I was blogging about my August beauty capsule collection and doing a full-on dive into the world of minimalist living. Now, I’m putting the final touches on my September beauty capsule collection–what?!
That’s right, a new month means a new beauty capsule collection.
To review, here’s what criteria I follow:
- Keep the collection under 20 pieces (including random things such as chapstick, etc.)
- Continue to incorporate more cruelty-free, vegan, and small biz/indie labels
- Try to avoid buying new items in order to create a capsule collection; use what it’s in your current storage
- Always keep it fandom approved!
So, what’s in store for September?
With Game of Thrones still super fresh in my mind and I’ve yet to give the Naked Heat palette a whirl, it made sense to give September a Daenerys vibe.
September is that last hurrah of the summer, savoring those final warm days, so it feels entirely appropriate to dedicate the September beauty capsule collection theme to our favorite Dragon Queen and her fiery nature.
Here’s a breakdown of the Dracarys beauty capsule collection for September.
This is staying relatively the same from last month because I liked the products so much.
- elf Poreless Face Primer, translucent
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, nude
- Pacifica moisturizer, Cactus+Kale
Again, this is staying the same because I want to use up this foundation and reuse the bottle for something else.
- Maybelline FIT Me! mattifying liquid foundation
- elf St. Lucia blush+bronzer duo
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer
I am switching out the Storybook Cosmetics Wizardry & Witchcraft palette with the gorgeous Urban Decay Naked Heat palette. Love.
- Urban Decay Naked Heat eyeshadow palette
- Maybelline eye pencil
- Pacifica Stellar Gaze mascara, black
For lip colors, I swapped out some of last month’s colors for something I think Dany would wear if she were walking among us modern plebs. I also kept one lipstick from last month’s capsule collection.
- Colourpop x Hello Kitty Lippie Stix, Konichiwa
- Colourpop Lippie Pencil, BFF
- Colourpop Liquid Lipstick, BFF (I think, the label came off)
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker nude lipstick
- Pacifica Lip Tint, Sugared Fig
Overall pieces in September’s collection: 14
This is month 2 and so far, I am enjoying planning and using a minimalist beauty capsule collection instead of feeling incredibly overwhelmed while sitting in front of a huge pile of makeup. I realize that isn’t the case for everyone and that’s great! I just want to share another way to be organized, stay less cluttered, and maybe give more thought into simple living and minimalism. 🙂